Turning off SELINUX

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 8 15:09:39 UTC 2013

On 09/08/2013 06:51 AM, Tim wrote:
<>

> I had my revenge on my unfriendly classmates at school with a Van de
> Graaff generator.  ;-)  While they were all daisy-chained to each other,
> standing on plastic boxes, with one on the end touching the generator,
> as part of a practical demo, I grabbed the water pipe and the person on
> the other end.  They all sprang apart in a hurry.

and a good thing the current was very low or no one would have let go. :=)

two brothers, bill and clarence, owners of the tv repair service that i learned
repair, were born and raised in the country.

clarence learned a weird way to turn off tractor when he was finished
plowing and showed me one day with one of the 6 cylinder service vans.

with engine running, he placed his thumbs on engine block, then 1st and
4th fingers of each hand on a spark plug/wire connection.

he shook like a spastic, but engine did die down and quit. weird to
watch, but a good laugh after.

> I hate switchmode power supplies.  Electrically noisy, high voltage,
> high current, painful operating frequencies, or DC, live heatsinks...
> You have to be damn careful working on them.  I'm not sure which is
> worse, them or TV set EHTs.

not to mention that they can be a bear to find what is wrong to fix when
they stop working. i believe the only reason they are used in computers
is that with out huge metal transformers, they are inexpensive and no
worry about ac ripple from supplies when dc caps start to go out.

> Yes, if they hadn't needed to cram a computer into a tiny space capsule,
> and had the money to fund the research, I don't know how long it would
> have been before we got ICs.

imagine how big sputnik would have been if the Russians had to use a bunch
of tubes and batteries :=D

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux