What happened to my printer!?!

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 21:49:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Well, since it seems to be a Windows printer (e.g. a print spooler
> running on a Windows box), did they change the authentication at that
> end? Did you change the firewall settings on your box so that Samba
> stuff is blocked now?

The authentication has not changed on the Windows box. (The guy in charge
of that would never do that, since it would force him to go around
reconfiguring everybody's machine for the new authentication. He would
never want to do that much work.) In any case, I asked, and there has been
no change to the print-spooler's configuration.

As for the firewall, it is disabled on this machine. For fun, I just issued
a "setenforce 0" and tried resuming the printer. No change in status. So it
is something of a mystery to me why I can't even browse for network
printers.

-Alan