Openvpn hanging?

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Sep 10 18:06:22 UTC 2013

On 09/10/2013 05:10 AM, Reindl Harald issued this missive:

>>> Different MTU and fragmentation disabled?
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>> But the MTU seems to be 1500 at both ends
>> (unless the modem at the remote end can change it?)
>
> that may be true, but we have a cisco router from out ISP
> which does not like this on a 100Mbit fiber connection
>
> i had to reduce the MTU for openvpn to 1472 on the openvpn
> server as well as on the clieints and the problem you are
> describing went away

Yes, there are some routers and such that have issues with 1500 byte
MTUs. VPNC allows you to do:

	NAT Traversal Mode cisco-udp

to get around it. I've had to use it in several hotels in the past.
-"Jimmie crack corn and I don't care." What kind of a lousy attitude -
-                 is THAT to have, huh?   -- Dennis Miller           -