Thunderbird text color -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 13 13:57:51 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 04:45 AM, Bob Goodwin ~ Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<>

> George -
>
> There's probably no way to convince you that I have done all this
> correctly but after going through these settings again very carefully
> [backgrounds #000000, all others #ffffff] this morning in both
> Thunderbird and Seamonkey the result is still dark blue quoted link
> names in Thunderbird and black on black quoted link names in Seamonkey.
> I can always tap CTRL+A and read everything ...

i do believe that after last post, you should have settings as should be.

as i said, if after that and links still do not become white on black, it
may well be the 'de' and using kde, even gnome, would prove out if it is
a fixed, unchangeable.

> It seems I can't have white text on black without suffering
> incovenience, something that it seems [to me] should be just one item to
> toggle instead of the mess it is now. I can't believe that I am the only
> one who finds white on black preferable.

it does have advantages, but if i change from black on white, it will be
with euro orange on black.

> Thanks for the help but let's drop it here,

welcome, but i have too much perseverance.

i find it difficult to not be able to override "link" settings to get what
you want.

to understand operation of configurations, basically, they works as;

   when thunderbird opens, it reads "prefs.js" to set up "about:config"
   settings, then reads "user.js", "userContent.css", "userChrome.css",
   for user's preferred settings.

   on closing, "about:config" settings rebuilds "prefs.js". "user.js",
   "userContent.css", "userChrome.css", are not touched.

to save possibility of my "chemo brain" making an incorrect statement, ;=)
read these links;

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Configuration_%28Thunderbird%29
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Visual_customizations_%28Thunderbird%29

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/User.js_file
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserContent.css
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css_Element_Names/IDs

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/White_on_black_-_Thunderbird
   [change 'fixing links' from #aaf to #fff]

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_display_color_-_Thunderbird

in closing, i will say this, if you can not find what you need in above
links, and you try a different 'de', i will back up my thunderbird, make
changes for euro orange on black to see what happens and probably leave
it as such. ;=)

much luck.

--

peace out.