Browser question

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 04:44:31 UTC 2013

On 17 September 2013 05:03, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I'm running 3 browsers Opera, firefox and Chromium in Fedora 19 developing
> another drupal site.
> I need to have admin and anonymous users in browsers at the same time and
> find that none of the browsers allow that.
> Has anyone successfully got FF or Chromium to have 2 instances open and
> running two users of the same application.
> How?
> Thanks
> Roger
> --

You can run Firefox with two separate profiles at the same time. Close all
instances of Firefox, then create an alternate profile:
$ firefox -ProfileManager

Then start Firefox:
$ firefox -no-remote -P <FIRST_PROFILE_NAME>
$ firefox -no-remote -P <SECOND_PROFILE_NAME>

this should run two separate instances of Firefox.