Printer discovery broken after "server" upgraded to Fedora 19

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:00:09 UTC 2013

I recently did a fedup upgrade from 18->19 on my desktop computer which
also happens to be the print server for my HP Photosmart 6515.

After upgrading my wife's laptop (F18) can no longer discover the printer.
I tried shutting down the firewall (firewalld) to make sure that wasn't the
problem on both computers and restarting cups & avahi-daemon to no avail.

I noticed that the new cups put a cupsd.conf.rpmnew files in /etc/cups so I
reviewed the changes and the only major difference for discovery at least
is dropping CUPS and going only with dnssd. I replaced my conf with the
package one but no dice.

I searched bugzilla to some extent but didn't find anything that seemed to
be my exact problem.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Richard