yum repo help needed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 23 04:20:15 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 21 September 2013, Pete Stieber sent:
> On 9/20/2013 4:04 PM, MW = Mike Wright wrote:
> MW> MW = Mike Wright wrote:
> MW> How did you do that?  What a great way
> MW> to follow who is on a thread.
> MW> Seems to me to make it more personal.
> MW>
> MW> Very nice.
>
> I noticed this format on the wxWidgets mailing list.

Used on the Amiga, back in the 1990s, and probably on even older BBS
mailing software.  But it needs mailing clients that understand it, to
stop that recursive crap that happened above, and other author's
initials being inserted in front of the wrong person, because they
quoted it but didn't write it.  And so that author prefix initials stay
on the left, and more > characters are added to the right.

e.g.  MW>>  something ...

      PS>  something next...

When it works, it really helps with following multi-generational email,
especially amongst clods who damn well will not edit out unnecessary
quoted crap bloating each and every damn mail they send to the list.

But considering the general crapness in email clients at just basic
quoting (with bad wrapping, no wrapping, then broken wrapping), and
quote prefixes with messy spaces in between some > symbols, I just don't
see this working.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.