Mysql error with fedora 16

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 24 14:53:46 UTC 2013

Am 24.09.2013 16:49, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     did you ever use MySQL really?
>
> Through phpMyAdmin, yes.
> It saves me from nasty errors and lecturers like you

and phpmyAdmin does setup and configure mysqld for you?
i doubt - and so if you never did anything more than
"yum install" do not answer questions where start fails
which is pretty clear in the output

what happened in this thread is stop reading after the first
line of output and anser wild guessing - not helpful

Am 24.09.2013 16:44, schrieb Fernando Cassia:>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     *why* do you *not* read before you reply?
>

> Apologies, I will leave informative replies up to you.
> Consider myself a lurker from now on

>> Process: 3284 ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-wait-ready $MAINPID (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

sorry, but status=1/FAILURE is so pretty clear that any reply
in the thread shows random guessing until now