encription

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sat Sep 28 08:20:12 UTC 2013

On 28.09.2013, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> I would like that it ask me the paraphrase every time that the key
> in replugged. How can I get this behavior?

You have to check if there's something which caches your passphrase,
and in this case you should prevent your passphrase from being
cached. If this isn't the case, you can take a look into /dev/mapper
and see if your crypto-device is properly unregistered. If it's not,
you'll have to do that manually:

 cryptsetup close /dev/mapper/your_device

Anyway, you could choose to mount/umount your device manually all the
way, to avoid some third partys software to interact. This would solve
your problems immediately.