no such file or directory using "-" character

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 07:01:09 UTC 2014

Hi

I need to go inside a directory named <notebook-source>;
but I am not able to do it.

Using the command cd /.../notebook-source
I get the output :
"no such file or directory"
-----------
I tried to go around to the problem using the command ls :

if I use the command :
<ls notebook* > (using the wildchar *)
then I get the correct output:
"notebook-source".

but if I use the command :
<ls notebook-source >
then I get (again) the message
" no such file or directory"

Why this happen ?
=====

Seem that the problem is connected with the use of the character "-"
 inside the name of the directory.... ; but I didn't know the character "-"
is forbidden to form nane of the files or directories..

What is my problem?
It is some thing that I dont know about the rules to form name of files and
directories ?

Regards
thank you

Angelo