High CPU usage, load average and system temperature

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Mon Aug 25 17:05:16 UTC 2014

On Monday, August 25, 2014 10:40:10 AM jd1008 wrote:
> Before we jump to system software issues, I would
> 1. Check to be sure the cpu fan is functioning and running
>      at full speed. On my system I always disabled speed control
>      because I wanted to keep the cpu running cool with or without
>      heavy loads.

Like I said fan is working just fine.

fan
status:         	enabled
speed:         	4493
level:          	7
commands:       level <level> (<level> is 0-7, auto, disengaged, full-speed)
commands:       enable, disable
commands:       watchdog <timeout> (<timeout> is 0 (off), 1-120 (seconds))

> 2. Check to be sure the the Graphics chip cpy is also running and at
>      full speed.

I already had Nvidia Optimus (NVS 4200) disabled long time ago. I am only
using Intel HD 3000 (AFAIK).

How do I figure this out?

--
Sudhir Khanger,