mate goof? -- PS

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 18:20:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:42:50 -0400, Joshua Doll wrote:

> Did you try
>
> yum groupinstall "MATE Desktop"  ?

	Now I'm on #2. It seems to have done fine, but I did notice one
oddity:

> Transaction test succeeded
> Running transaction (shutdown inhibited)

	What does that second line mean? And should I placate it by
rebooting soonest?

	Second PS: I had enough bits and pieces to get a mate panel
started yesterday, and pretty well filled out -- but when I got back to
the machine today, that panel didn't show up. Then I got :

[btth at localhost ~]$ mate-panel
** Message: Could not connect to session manager: Could not get owner of
name 'org.mate.SessionManager': no such name

** (mate-panel:9175): WARNING **: Could not connect to session manager:
Could not get owner of name 'org.mate.SessionManager': no such name
^C
[btth at localhost ~]$t

	What is this "session manager"? Will it be there now?

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.