exfat on SD card getting mounted read-only

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 27 00:05:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 12:10 -0600, jd1008 wrote:
> It is a slider about 2mm or 2.5mm long and almost 1mm thick.
> When in the up position (towards the corner which goes into the
> controller) it is supposed to tell the controller write lock off
> (disabled). But it is not working in my machine because some bloggers
> say that the slider needs to protrude a little farther away from the
> body of the sd card in order for the sensor to turn off (the
> on-by-default) write lock.

I can't remember if you've already made a comment about trying this; but
have you tried putting a sticker around the card?

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.15.10-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Thu Aug 14 16:12:39 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.