Dicom image -

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 07:51:38 UTC 2014

On 26 August 2014 20:59, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> Is there a Linux application that will display a dicom image file?
>
> Bob

Yes, though there are more that will display other formats that you
can generate from DICOM. Many DICOM files are single slices/images of
a series. Others are
MRIcron http://www.mccauslandcenter.sc.edu/mricro/mricron/
- includes viewer for NIfTI files (.nii/.nii.gz) and converter
dcm2nii. For most uses I'd give it arguments of -r n -x n along with
whatever naming arguments are needed. N.B. slightly odd usage in that
all -? arguments must come before the directory to be converted.

MCverter http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert/ another
converter application

http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/Licence Includes the viewer
FSLview which will read NIfTI. Lots of other neuroimaging tools
included. Not Open Source, but source provided and free for
non-commercial use.

http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/ Java based viewer, plugin based. Not great
for neuroimaging, but will load NIfTI and I think there are DICOM
plugins too.

http://www.brain.org.au/software/mrtrix/ MRtrix, aimed at diffusion
imaging, but includes DICOM converter and viewer.

There's also SPM, but only if you have access to Matlab.