exfat on SD card getting mounted read-only

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:44:59 UTC 2014

On 08/27/2014 05:21 AM, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 26 August 2014, jd1008 sent:
>> I tried 1 layer of tape over the lock slider. More than 1 layer
>> of tape makes the card too hard to insert into the slot. It really
>> is a very tight does not seem to provide much play root.
> Is the sensor optical rather than physical?  If so, you could try black
> texta over the thing.
>
> Have you tried other brands of cards?
>
> Can you try a warranty claim on the device that won't handle the card?

It is as I explained in a previous post -
about 2mm long, and about 1 or 0.75mm
thick (the thickness of the card.
The card was bought from Costco and I am not sure it
carries a warranty. I have had it for about a year.
Many other blogs including those that found the physical problem to be
in the
laptop's reader slot, say they fixed it by doing some solder job on the
slot's writelock sensor mechanism so that writelock is always disabled,
and you can format the card.
I am not so keen on doing that.
As far as trying other brands, not  have not.
Until some real gold rains on my backyard :)
I will not be buying another sd card.