Fedora 21 release schedule, etc.

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:44:41 UTC 2014

On 08/28/2014 01:48 AM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Up to Fedora 21, releases have occurred at roughly 6 month
> intervals.   Fedora 21 is scheduled to be released about 11 months
> after Fedora 20.  Is the intention to schedule future releases at
> roughly 12 month intervals, or is the long interval for Fedora 21 only
> (or whatever)?  Will Fedora 20 be supported till Fedora 22 is
> released, or for about 13 months after it was released, i.e. about
> January 2015 (or whatever)?
>
> Sorry if this has already been discussed; I haven't been following the
> list carefully.

Seems that ever since fedora switched to every 6 months release schedule,
the number of bugs has been higher.
I think it is impossible to perform thorough testing and iron out all
the bugs
of a new release every 6 months.
Simply put, not enough dedicated and SAVVY testers of kernel subsystems
and features being introduced every 6 months.