Problems with screen to serial usb on F17

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 29 21:31:08 UTC 2014

> I am getting garbage characters.  Not all the time, but particularly at
> the beginning.  I don't see this on either of my two F20 systems: Lenovo
> x120e and Asus Eee900.

I presume that you're using the exact same command line in all cases.
If so, and if this turns out to be a bug, there's not much you can do
about it unless you're willing and able to track it down yourself, as
F17 is long past EOL.

What you might try is comparing the config files on your F17 box with
those from one of your F20 machines and see if anything has changed.