Secure Transactions

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:22:53 UTC 2014

On 08/31/2014 04:02 PM, Tod Merley wrote:
> Heinz thanks for reminding me about looking at certificates by
> clicking the padlock.  I also note that they have the ability to
> export and so I suppose a comparison could be made through that as well.
>
> General question - can one spoof a certificate?  I suppose "man in the
> middle" is simply nasty.
>
> Jd1008 the one add-on I am now considering is a cookie manager.
>  However, I am hoping to find one that works outside the browser.

I am not certain that an app can manager the cookies outside of
Firefox - because I suspect that FF keeps te cookies in a ram cache
and are not written to disk right away - thus an outside of FF tool
would not be able to see them.

So, I have had pretty good luck with Self-Destructing Cookies add-on.

As I said, the caveat of all add-on is that they are just as mysterious
with respect to their actual content as FF itself - and for that matter,
Windows and Linux and Unix/variants, are just as mysterious. I say this
because even with open source software, does anyone really have the
time (AND THE KNOW-HOW) to identify malware in opensotource?
Tens or perhaps hundreds of millions of lines of code (including all
the apps and libraries). Who is going to do this kind of sanitization??
I posit that if there is an honest to truth company that can do this
(sanitize all open source SW of Linux), would and could charge arms
and legs for such a product.

Cheers,

JD