External drive is being mounted as read-only

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Sun Aug 31 22:53:14 UTC 2014

On Monday, September 01, 2014 06:40:05 AM Ed Greshko wrote:
> And if you mount it manually?
>
> mount -v /dev/sdg1 /mnt

Then I get this error. I tried setenforce 0 but that didn't help.

sudo mount -v /dev/sdb1 /mnt/test
mount: /mnt/test does not contain SELinux labels.
       You just mounted an file system that supports labels which does not
       contain labels, onto an SELinux box. It is likely that confined
       applications will generate AVC messages and not be allowed access to
       this file system.  For more details see restorecon(8) and mount(8).
mount: /dev/sdb1 mounted on /mnt/test.

And

mount | grep /dev/sdb
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/test type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)

--
Sudhir Khanger,
http://sudhirkhanger.com