Changing the mouse pointer shape in terminal.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 2 13:43:05 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 01 February 2014, Luke Nath sent:
> In gnome-terminal or mate-terminal, I have never seen the pointer
> shape become anything but the I beam.

What does it do if you hover the pointer over an email address or
webpage address written in the text?

Here, as you do so, it changes to the hand pointer and the text becomes
underlined, and is clickable - it'd open in the default web or mail
client, or, if you right clicked above it, come up with a menu
appropriate to the type of link.

> In all of these "commands", the shape remains the I beam.

Likewise, with mine.  It's the only appropriate mouse pointer to the
content type.  I'd have to get out of the text area (title bar, desktop
behind a terminal, etc), before the mouse could do anything else.

As for how you might change that, I don't really know, other than the
suggestion that I'd previously made.  Though I still cannot see any good
reason to do so.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.