UEFI issue for dual boot.

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sun Feb 2 20:40:21 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-01 22:09, Paolo Galtieri wrote:

> On 02/01/2014 08:18 PM, Robin Laing wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Successfully installed F19 (a few months ago) with UEFI and it boots
>> into Fedora with no issues.  Trying to boot into Windows gives an
>> error about finding the EFI files.
>>
>> On investigation, I find that there are two EFI boot enabled
>> partitions.  One has the Windows files (/dev/sda1) and the other is
>> the Linux boot partitions (/dev/sda4).
>>
>> How do I move or change the configuration so I can dual boot in
>> Windows as the grub menu selection for the Windows boot manager
>> doesn't point to /dev/sda1.
>>
>> I am willing to do a fresh install if needed.
>>

> I have a similar problem, I have windows 8.1 and Fedora 19 installed,
> but I can't boot windows from the grub menu.  When I try I get:
>
> /EndEntire
> file path:
> /ACPI(...)/PCI(2,1f)/UnknownMessaging(12)/HD(1,800,...)/File(\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\)/File(bootmgfw.efi)/EndEntire
>

> error: cannot load image
> error: you need to load kernel first
>
> Press any key to continue ...
>
> So I'm looking for a resolution to how to boot windows and Fedora 19
> with UEFI enabled.
>
> Thanks
> Paolo

This is the same warning I get.

When I ran
   gparted /dev/sda1 print

it let me know that there were two EFI partitions on the drive.

The missing bootmgfw.efi is in the first (/dev/sda1) partition while the
system is using /dev/sda4

Could be the same resolution.

--
Free, full feature astronomy program at