Kontact, howto disable automatic replies on invitation?

Corinna Vinschen fedora at cygwin.de
Thu Feb 6 09:39:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

for a long time I was using the Thunderbird/Lightning combination for
planning my appointments.  Lately I tried Kontact instead and I think
I like it.

Except for one problem, which is a bit disturbing.  When I get an
invitation, and I choose to add it to my Korganizer calendar, KMail
automatically sends a reply to the inviting person.

What if I don't want that?  What if, for very good reasons, it's not a
good idea to send a reply, and the inviting person doesn't expect nor
wish a reply?

With Thunderbird/Lightning, when I add an invitation to my calendar,
a dialog pops up asking if it should send the mail, and at this point
I can choose myself whether to send a reply or not.

Is there a setting in Kontact/KMail/Korganizer to switch on such an
approval dialog for invitation replies?

This is F20 with KDE 4.11.5.

Thanks,
Corinna