Strange problem -

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 02:06:24 UTC 2014

On 2/9/2014 8:21 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 09/02/14 13:23, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>> Fedora 20 64 bit XFCE
>>
>> When logging out from gui I get:
>>
>> "Received error while trying to log out
>> Session manager must be in idle state when requesting a shutdown."
>>
>> Each time I reboot a number of windows/tabs are loaded, I go through
>> and close them all.
>>
>> However there is garbage running when I look at ctrl-alt-F1 and XFCE
>> is in ctrl-alt-F2.
>>
>> There must be a command to kill everything but I haven't found it.
>>
>> Need help please,
>>
>> Bob
>>
> I worked around the problem by creating a new user, that will have to do!
>
> Bob

Most users here use KDE or Gnome so I doubt they can help you with a
Xfce problem.

When I offer advice here I am usually ignored. I have offered you advice
before with similar results. I know how to solve this but I choose not
to give you the information.

But? Want a suggestion? A good one? Ask on the Xfce list. Either the
Fedora one (second choice but not a bad one) or the real Xfce list
(first choice and a better choice IMO).

--

  David