Strange problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 10 13:17:07 UTC 2014

On 09/02/14 21:22, poma wrote:
>> > I worked around the problem by creating a new user, that will have to do!
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >
> That is always a valid choice, however 'xfce4-session-settings',
> http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-session/preferences#session  ;)
>
> If that doesn't help,
> man 1 loginctl
>

> poma
That helped although I did not expect it to since nothing showed up
under "Sessions?" That was blank, however after I clicked

"Clear Saved Session" and rebooted xfce stopped bringing up all those pages as it had been ...

Xfce is still coming up on console 2. I need to stop whatever causes console 1 to be active. It appears to be happening when xfce4 starts since it sits displaying a small progress circle until something "times-out" and then switches to the usual larger circle before running?

Nothing I did with loginctl worked, it showed only USER bobg 1000 Seat0, nothing else unless I ssh'd in from this computer. Nothing I did appeared to have any effect on or even recognize what was going on on console 1.

But the sledgehammer [bobG, new user] works!

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE