"yumdownloader --source" doesn't need enabled source repos, does it?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:39:38 UTC 2014

On 11.02.2014 23:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>>   that does not clarify what i was asking about -- it simply says that
>>> "--source" operates on source packages.
>>
>> Well, it actually says....
>>
>>   yumdownloader options:
>>     --destdir=DESTDIR   destination directory (defaults to current directory)
>>     --urls              just list the urls it would download instead of
>>                         downloading
>>     --resolve           resolve dependencies and download required packages
>>     --source            operate on source packages
>>     --archlist=ARCHLIST
>>                         only download packages of certain architecture(s)
>>
>> So, those 5 options are the ones that apply to "yumdownloader".
>> Since there is no mention of --enablerepo being part of the options
>> applicable to "yumdownloader" it implies that option is not
>> available/needed.
>
>   ok, i'll take that as the best confirmation i can get. thanks.
>
> rday

def setupSourceRepos(self):
   # enable the -source repos for enabled primary repos
http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum-utils.git;a=blob;f=yumdownloader.py;h=b448aa8537410610268527afa5923727c084650a;hb=HEAD#l113

"… Never disable source repos. …"
http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum-utils.git;a=commit;h=a4eb3957dbf36f29d2fe49b380f7399b73dedbc1

"make the '--source' work and make it a little smarter so the
'reponame-source' are enabled automaticly for all enabled repos, when
'--source' is used. …"
http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum-utils.git;a=commit;h=75b53276b1a0a061b5860e24a97e5e71779a27f7

poma