"yumdownloader --source" doesn't need enabled source repos, does it?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Feb 12 11:12:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 02/12/14 15:38, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:23:56 +0800
> > Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> >
> >> --enablerepo would need to be available to yumdownloader since the
> >> user may well want to download the source from "rawhide" so they
> >> indeed need to enable it.
> > --enablerepo= is available but would need previous
> > yum\dnf install fedora-release-rawhide.
> > So I find --releasever=rawhide more convenient, if not on rawhide.
> >

> That'll work, as long as you disable any 3rd party repos you may
> have which don't have rawhide components.

  ok, wait, what's happening here? i assume that that option will
override the current (installed) version in terms of enabling only
rawhide-related source repos for the imminent "yumdownloader --source"
command, yes?

  and is there a way to display *which* source repos the
"yumdownloader --source" command would use without running it? perhaps
some variation of "repoquery" or something?

  this seemed like such a simple question when i first asked it ...

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca