Installing Fedora 20 on Windows 8.1 HD

L.G. guada_bl at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 14 11:53:23 UTC 2014

As I'm not very experienced, can you give me guidelines more detailed to do what you suggested in your prevoius e-mail?
Thank you.

Il Giovedì 13 Febbraio 2014 19:32, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> ha scritto:

On Feb 13, 2014, at 11:30 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2014, at 4:10 AM, L.G. <guada_bl at yahoo.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>

>> After the answers about "Fedora 20 Installation Problem" which I have got, I have created a Live USB using LiveUSB Creator. After that, I have started my Sony Vaio SVE1512Y1ESI notebook (which was already installed Windows 8.1 on) from my USB and I have be able to install this OS at last. At this point I have restart my PC to access Windows partition and, much to my surprise, it has appear a kernel error message on the screen. That's why I have had to restore previous situation to be able to access again that partition.
>>

>> What do you suggest I should do to avoid this problem befall again? I express my early thanks to people who will know to give me an answer.
>>

>> PS: below I quote what it appear on the screen when I select "Windows Boot" item
>>
>> /EndEntire
>> filepath: /ACPI(a0341d0,0)/PCI(2,1f)/UnknownMessagIng(12)/
>> /File(bootmgfw.efi)/EndEntIre
>> error: cannot load image
>> error: you need to load the kernel first
>

> Boot Fedora and fpaste /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg and then post the resulting URL.

Presently there are some problems with grub2-2.00 on Fedora finding/creating the Windows entry to chainload the Windows OS Loader. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. But in any case, a work around is to use your firmware's boot manager to choose between booting Windows and Fedora, rather than using the Fedora GRUB menu to chainload the Windows OS Loader.

Chris Murphy