Using LightScribe on Linux???

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:13:21 UTC 2014

On 02/16/2014 10:10 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 02/16/2014 09:49 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 21:35:25 -0500
>> Fred Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone point me to a site that may still have it? (or other
>>> suitable substitute).
>> I found light scribe labels to be almost utterly invisible
>> and really pitiful looking when I tried it once a long time
>> ago (using the LaCie software which was available at the time).
>>
>> Infinitely better looking labels can be made with inkjet
>> printable media and an inkjet printer that supports
>> media printing (which my Epson Artisan does, though I have
>> to run the software in a virtual windows machine).
>>
> I use Avery 5692 CD Labels.  There are templates available for them
> suitable for use with OpenOffice/LibreOffice.  I print mine on a laser
> printer, but an Ink Jet approach should work just as well.  You will
> need a guide to get the labels on straight.

I used those Avery labels for a long time. Right up to the time the
first one began to peel off the disk. Then I switched to
inkjet-printable disks.

And I never used Lightscribe disks. I had a Lightscribe drive, but never
knew where to find Lightscribe disks. Now I see Lightscribe has fallen
out of fashion. And I noticed that the studios never once used anything
like Lightscribe to label the disks they publish.

Temlakos