vim-common conflicts with vim-minimal

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:12:34 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Max <maximilianobianco33 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 12:26 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:
>
>> This morning (while yum install (testing my private package))
>> I'm getting the error:
>>
>> file /usr/share/man/man1/vim.1.gz of vim-common-2:7.4.189-1.fc20.i686
>>   conflicts with file from package vim-minimal-2:7.4.027-2.fc20.i686
>>
>> Yesterday it was fine.
>>
> Do you install and uninstall your private package on a daily basis?

Actually, I've been installing it on a minute-ly basis while I've been
updating/testing
its .spec file to deal with bug and changes required to update it to support
the changes in F20 (and latest Centos/RHEL).

 Did something break overnight ?

Have you run any updates or made changes to your private package recently?

I reverted back to my yesterday's .spec file, and the problem remained.
P.S.  I've been testing against F20 Live KDE

For my testing today I've been erasing the vim-minimal package first,
but that shouldn't be required.

 And, whats a possible workaround?

Don't know much about packaging specifically but I'd guess that both
> packages have a file with the same name. So a file named vim.1.gz already
> exists in that directory.It would probably be better to just uninstall vim
> then install your private package.

Its not a conflict with _my_ package, its a conflict between
one vim package and another vim package.

 ... snip ...