Help needed with xhost

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Feb 18 22:26:31 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 02:14 PM, Ambrogio De Lorenzo wrote:
> Well... first of all, if I use another user and I issue rm -rf * maybe I
> will have a perfectly working laptop but without data! And for me data
> are more important than a working system.

That all depends; if you do it in (let's say) ~/Downloads, it wouldn't
be as bad as if you did it in your home folder.  I'm not saying that you
shouldn't ever, under any circumstances run as root (or even not run in
a GUI as root) but that doing so is risky.  And, if your data is more
important to you than a working system (something I can well understand)
I do hope that you are making regular backups.