Very Off Topic

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 19 09:37:05 UTC 2014

A friend has windows 7 professional sp1 on a Dell Vostro, 230 32 bit
driving word 2007. No viruses reported, no infections, all antivirusware
to update.
Until a few days ago printed perfectly to a HL 4040CN Brother laser.
We have tried everything I know. Ive searched microsoft, Brother Googled
for errors. He has checked cables discussed with Brother who acted like
idiots, couldn't solve the problem.
Windows forums seem very unhelpful so I have to defer to the Linux
knowledge base.

Has anyone in Linuxland who is also using w7pro experienced printing
issues, particularly with Brother laser and worked out what caused the
failure.
Thanks, and apologies in advance for a non Linux issue.
Roger