remote desktop to Fedora 20 with xrdp

James oldyoungguy88 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 19:57:11 UTC 2014

I was able to setup xrdp on my Fedora 13 machine and access
it from my Windows 7 machine by follow the steps on the first post on
this thread: http://www.linux.org/threads/rdp-into-your-linux-desktop.8/
It was simple and easy.

But when i try the same on my Fefora 20 machine, things are quite
different. There is no error message but some new info like these:
-----

# chkconfig --levels 35 xrdp on
Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl enable xrdp.service'.
# service xrdp start
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start  xrdp.service
--------

and then I cannot remote it from my window machine.
I also did the following based on the last post of above thread:
# yum -y install tigervnc-server

I also did set up recommended by this blog: http://networkstatic.net/xrdp-an-easy-remote-desktop-setup-for-your-ubuntu-servers/

which are the following:

yum install xrdp
systemctl enable xrdp.service
systemctl start xrdp.service
systemctl enable xrdp-sesman.service
systemctl start xrdp-sesman.service

But I still cannot remote to it:

I was able to ping each other.
I can access the shared folder on my Windows machine from my Fedora
20. It seems the problem is on the Fedora side. how to know the service
on linux is running? The "service --status-all" cannot give me useful
information.

Any configuration I should do to make xrdp works for me?

thanks,
James