Help needed with xhost

Ambrogio De Lorenzo ogio.spam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:14:46 UTC 2014

Il giorno ven, 21/02/2014 alle 21.58 +0000, Powell, Michael ha scritto:
>  > > It beats me why one would go through all the effort of extraordinary
> > > measures so they can run as root, rather than just run as a user, and
> > > use the system in a straight-forward manner.
> > >

> > Because I don't like to spend time to issue sudo or su - command everytime I
> > need it.
> > It's more hard for me to convert my environment to a normal user.
>
> What does it matter? He already knows running as root is not a secure use method, but debating such was not his question and isn't helping.
>
> Try the following: export DISPLAY = :0.0
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/16815/what-does-display-0-0-actually-mean

Well...
this is a solution.
Well done.
Naturally, this is not working without issuing xhost +.

There is another solution, but it requires more CPU resources, that is
switching user, but I imagine that it open another X server.

Thankyou very mutch.
I promise that I will work to convert everything to a normal user -
maybe I will rename root ;-)

Bye
 Ambrogio