Using LightScribe on Linux???

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Feb 23 13:04:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:16:22AM -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:12:36PM -0500, Doug wrote:
> > On 02/16/2014 09:35 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> > >I've got a project in which I'll be making many dozens of DVDs from
> > >other media, and I thought it'd be really cool to use LightScribe to
> > >label the discs.
> > >
> > >well, I come to discover that LightScribe seems to have gone out of
> > >fashion, and I can't find suitable software anywhere.
> > >
> > >LaCie used to distribute software for Linux that reportedly worked
> > >well, but I can't find it either,... it has disappeared from their
> > >web site.
> > >
> > >Can anyone point me to a site that may still have it? (or other
> > >suitable substitute).
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >
> > What you need is LightScribe Simple Labeler. It looks like you can
> > get it from this outfit:
> >
> > http://www.pawtec.com/lightscribe/

I've got those installed, but every time I try to run it, I get a
segfault. looking at the shrapnel in gdb, my thought is that either
the stadck has been thoroughly hosed, or some function in stdlibc++
is recursively calling itself forever, because a backtrace in gdb
reveals literally tens of thousands of calls to the same library
function.

I can get some more details if need-be (it's on a different machine
that isn't where I am now).

Since that machine was assembled specifically for this conversion
project, it's not wed to F20, so...  So I wonder if it is no longer
compatible with Fedora 20?? What OSes are others of you using to run it?

thanks!

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.