Recovering/Restoring Boot Partition

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 15:37:32 UTC 2014

On 23.02.2014 03:37, Chris Murphy wrote:
> I haven't done a lot of testing in this area with actual hardware but some people say using software raid between Windows and Linux is flakey. I think it ought to work or it's a bug. But the thing to realize is that you have a Windows driver doing software raid when Windows is running; and then you have a linux driver doing software raid when linux is running. So it's absolutely got to work correctly or you've totally defeated the purpose of even having raid1, and instead you're better off with just a regular consistent backup, like once an hour or something.

- DMRAID aka "Fake RAID"
http://people.redhat.com/heinzm/sw/dmraid/ - 23-Sep-2004 12:13
Date speaks by itself! :)

- MD i.e. Multiple Device aka "Linux Software RAID"
Certainly recommendation!
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/
Link speaks by itself! :)

BIOS -> AHCI -> PERIOD!

"or, why you don't want to use the "RAID" provided by your motherboard"
http://skrypuch.com/raid/

poma