change repos for nvidia...

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Feb 25 00:47:04 UTC 2014

On 02/25/14 08:33, Fred Smith wrote:
> I've got a 64-bit system using Nvidia drivers that came from rpmfusion.
>
> I'd like to switch to the Nvidia drivers from elrepo instead, and wonder
> if there is any particular set of steps to follow (to keep, one hopes,
> from hosing one's system).

http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia  gives some guidance.....

Notes for RPMForge users
Users migrating from the rpmforge dkms package are advised to uninstall the dkms-nvidia driver before attempting to install kmod-nvidia.
There is a potential conflict between elrepo and rpmforge in that both repositories provide the nvidia-x11-drv package. If you are using the yum priorities plugin then the priority for elrepo and rpmforge should be set to the same value to avoid dependency resolution failures, or rpmforge should be temporarily disabled whilst installing kmod-nvidia and nvidia-x11-drv. For example:

Other than that, I think I'd consult their mailing list as those folks may have more insight how to deal with moving to their repos.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts