upgrade fedora 19 to fedora 20 issue with GPG key

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 10:42:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 10:29:49AM +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:10:24 +0100
> Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org> wrote:
>
> > It *is* a fedora problem in the sense that the OP is using Fedora.
> > Sure, it's *also* an RPMfusion problem in that it causes a problem in
> > the upgrade process (and as such, it should not be reported to the
> > Fedora bugzilla).
>

> Fedora is not responsible for upgrade problems with,
> flash, skype or anything else not in fedora* .repos

I understand officially (legally) that is the stance, but I always find
this kind of response rather unproductive.  Is Fedora a community driven
distro or not?  We cannot boast on that in release notes, and then on a
user request for help repeat what you say above.  Community repos like
RPMfusion are part of the bigger Fedora community and serve a very
important role.

In the least, there could be a section in the FAQ, or release notes to
deal with these kind of "community repo out-of-sync" problems.

Confession: I did not check if such information exists; if it does, the
OP can be directed there for more info.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu