since F20 update, cron has stopped sending mail

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Fri Jan 3 15:16:57 UTC 2014

Around 03:13pm on Friday, January 03, 2014 (UK time), Steven Stern wrote:

> Any idea what I need to do to get my cron email restored?

Check if you have sendmail installed - it is no longer installed by
default on Fedora 20 and the default installation will no longer handle
local mail.

There is a long and entertaining thread about this if you like that sort
of thing :-)

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com

 15:15:23 up 15 days, 22:44,  1 user,  load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01