NetworkManager

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sat Jan 4 18:09:26 UTC 2014

Ed Greshko wrote:

>> All I get is "Active connections" and my current connection.
>> I do not see any other access points, which "iwlist scan" show are there.
>>

> Do you have a line showing "Unknown Connections"?  If so, is there a + to
> the left of Unknown?  Clicking on the + will alternately expand/collapse
> the list.

Ok, I admit you were right.
Now I see 2 of 3 connections shown by "iwlist scan".
So the system does work.
But I still believe it is a crazy and counter-intuitive setup.
Also, I miss my little map with available access points
shown in different directions.
I never understood what the different directions indicated,
but it was very pretty and made me feel I was in command.

To me, NM is like a military policeman -
"We know what is best for you, and you better like it".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net