f20 x86_64 installation saga

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 7 17:20:51 UTC 2014

As of this morning, I have f20 x86_64 running on my Lenovo x120e with a
240GB SSD drive.

The 'bug' that was biting me was the NVRAM update for the efibootmgr.
This is still an outstanding issue.  All the things Chris had me try
never got my NVRAM updated.  Even thought I had bricked it at one point.

What finally worked was Chris 'talking' me through making what did get
installed bootable.  Took a bit, and there are still some hitches to
smooth out, but it looks like it works now.  I have rsynced everything
over from the i386 f20 drive and up and running.

Still things to do, so you will probably be hearing from me :)

Like getting logwatch and cron working with just mailx.  Since this is a
clean build, not even postfix install/erase or procmail install/erase.
This is CLEAN wrt an MTA!  We will get this figured out!  ;)