F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 8 03:24:35 UTC 2014

On 01/07/2014 12:14 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Getting rid of all the NFSv3 junk by default I think is valid.
>> This would mean to lock out many professional use-cases and restrict Fedora-deployment to amateurish use-cases.
>
> Right, amateurish cases like pNFS and something that's actually scalable.
>
> The NFSv3 stuff isn't maintained anymore anyway. So it should just go away.
Says who? Isn't maintained as part of the Linux kernel or isn't
maintained as part of RH-based distros?

As long as there exist nfs-servers, which do not support nfs > 3, Linux
will have to continue supporting nfsv3. And if RH/Fedora doesn't want to
loose users, they also will have to continue supporting it.

Ralf