dnf-yum observation - link corrected

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:30:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:21:39 -0500
"Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> I guess I just don't understand, it seems like an update should
> include everything that needs changing ...  Dnf is faster but if it
> only does half as much is that an improvement?

It is for some who don't like pulling 100+mb of metadata say each day,
with a daily run. If there's only 20mb of updates.

If you do want more updates as per Jan suggestion
you can dnf clean && dnf upgate

The extra metadate also doesn't bother some, me being one.
cat /etc/cron.daily/yum-clean
#!/bin/bash
# yum clean on a daily basis
/usr/bin/yum clean headers metadata dbcache expire-cache rpmdb \
# other stuff

___
Regards,
Frank