[SOLVED] installing akmod-nividia on F20 - machine hang after reboot, "Started Builds ..."

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jan 10 14:13:35 UTC 2014

On 01/10/14 21:48, Richard Shaw wrote:
> This is intentional as the akmod driver is really for people who are running non-standard kernels. If you are running the stock Fedora kernels then there is not a lot of benefit in running the akmod-... package than the kmod-... package.

What are you talking about?

I run the stock fedora kernel.  But I have nVidia hardware and the nouveau driver barfs on my hardware.  So, I need and I do have installed...

akmod-nvidia-304xx
akmods
kmod-nvidia-304xx    for all the installed kernels

The benefit is that with akmods installed the kmod packages will get rebuilt locally.  So if the rpmfusion repos don't have the latest kmod packages you can still update your kernel.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts