No Catalyst in RPM Fusion for F20, no updates for F19 -- any ideas going forward

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:15:46 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:34:51PM -0800, Steven Rosenberg wrote:

> If nobody cares, and nothing's going to change in terms of a packaged
> Catalyst, I'd sure like to know now.
>
> But as a formerly happy Fedora user, this is pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

Officially there will never be any closed source driver distributed by
Fedora (legal reasons).  It has always been maintained by the community
(RPMFusion etc); so someone has to step up.  Until such time, you are
out of luck.

That said, you can ask the former maintainer to help you get familiar
with packaging closed source drivers and get started.  Another option
would be ask on Fedora forums, or ask fedora.  Maybe there are some less
"official" solutions lurking out there.

GL

--
Suvayu