example kickstart (ks.cfg)

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Wed Jan 15 17:54:34 UTC 2014

On Jan 14, 2014 1:28 PM, "bruce" <badouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey pete!
>
> basically, starting to see exactly what a dual boot process is, how it
> works, how the cfg file is setup, etc..
>
> and as I understand the drive, once can create different partitions,
> which can then be split to have multiple boot processes.
>
> I was looking into how to actually have a process where the
> masterside, can have an app, that can be run, which then invokes a
> process on the "hidden" partition/boot process to then reinstall an OS
> onto the master side..
>
> so I'm really asking two questions:
> 1) where can i find a test kickstart ks.cfg file to see how to setup
> dual boot systems, with pre/post actions for both os installs, and
> 2) is it possible to even have/create a "hidden"/non visible partition?
>
> thanks

Hey Bruce! A couple points here:

-  Please stop top posting. Trim the post you are replying to as needed,
and place your reply at the bottom. People read from top to bottom.  It
does not make sense to read effect then cause after.  The mailing list
guidelines do not change with your preference.

- If you want help reaching a given goal, state your goal up front. This is
the third or fourth thread on this same topic from you in recent history.
You do yourself no favors by obscuring your purpose and stripping context
from your question.

- I have directed you to the medialess install section of the Installation
Guide several times. Have you had time to review it?  If so, do you have
questions?  There is an established and supported method for media less
installation, and it is difficult to move the conversation forward when you
refuse to acknowledge it.

- I know you want to ssh into a system and start a reinstall. Can you
provide more context?  If you are doing it because the system is
compromised, why are we assuming you still have remote root access?  Why
don't you have physical access, anyway?  What problem is being solved by
the reinstall? What is the actual goal here?

--Pete