Audio problems

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 18:54:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:17:20AM +0000, Christopher Ross wrote:

> This could be related to a regression I am seeing on Fedora 20.
> Pretty much every time a user logs in (or switch user) on Fedora 20
> with KDE the audio output defaults to "headphones" and I have to
> manually change it to "line out", even though there is nothing
> connected to the headphones socket and there is an amplifier
> connected to the line out socket. If I do plug in headphones
> thereafter, the sound switches to headphones as it should. This used
> to work exactly as you would expect (i.e. defaulting to "line out"
> unless there are headphones plugged in) under Fedora 19 and 18
> before that on exactly the same hardware.
>
> If anyone can point me to a solution I would be grateful.

On my laptop (Lenovo T530) logging into Gnome the audio always goes to
the digital output via HDMI. I have to go into sound settings to put it
back to analog for my docking station or headphone jack.

F19 didn't have this issue.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/