Finding neighbours on my LAN

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 19 08:52:43 UTC 2014

Allegedly, on or about 19 January 2014, Suvayu Ali sent:
> I had forgotten about this possibility.  This works nicely for
> wireless using SSIDs, is it possible to do this for wired connections?
> After all they do not have something similar to SSID to serve as
> identifier.

There's MAC addresses of the hardware your computer connects to.
There's the domain names of the LANs you connect to.

Just try setting up two network configurations in NetworkManager, and
see if it automatically manages to distinguish between them.  If it
doesn't, then you can worry about what tweaks you may have to do.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.