Naughty question: copy Windows XP under Fedora?

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Jan 20 17:25:22 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 05:53 AM, Frank Murphy issued this missive:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 14:51:32 +0100
> DB <Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Hi Frank
>>
>> I backed up my XP (+ its SP2 & SP3) within XP itself using Bartpe.
>> It works!
>>

> BartPE requires the existing Windows CD

I think you could "dd" the partition(s) involved, but you'd need to
restore to identical partition(s) for everything to be hunky. All in
all, use the Clonezilla option. It's worked remarkably well for us over
several weird installations we've had to do. I keep Clonezilla on a
FLASH drive handy at all times.
-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -