how to list packages installed from a particular repo

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 19:58:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:32:32 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if there is an easy way to list all the packages
> > installed on a F20 system from a particular repo.
>
> A incomplete, but possibly good enough depending on your purposes way:
>
> yum install keychecker
>
> keychecker
>
> This will list packages installed by the gpg key they are signed with.
> This won't help if you install unsigned packages, but will help with
> things like fedora stable releases vs non fedora packages, etc.

Distinguishing between Fedora packages a non-Fedora packages is easy
(provided that no non-Fedora package sets the Vendor tag to "Fedora
Project"):

  rpm -qa --qf %{vendor}\\t\\t\\t%{n}\\n|sort

If one wanted to find out whether an installed package is from a
specific repo, that would be more difficult (and not even yumdb
gets updated if a package moves from updates-testing into updates).