background - "stopped" how to kill!

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:08:00 UTC 2014

Hi Russell,

the test code is::
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
/*

    parent.php

    /ycrawl/dcrawl/run/yolo-master/parent.php

    test to see about the "&" background process
*/

print "start \n";
sleep(5);

print "stop \n";

$t=posix_getpid();
//system("kill -9 ".$t);
posix_kill($t, 9);
exit();

?>

As you can see, there's nothing special about this. And yeah, when
runs as foo.php & <<  it shows up in the procTBL as "T" in the status.

There are no filedescriptors in the test.